Sunday, September 18, 2016

Imitation is the sincerest form of flattery?

It seems that my posts recently have been more list a little less design. That was slightly intentional (focus on what I'm doing rather than dreaming about what could be). But list get long after a while... so let's talk about inspiration...

For anyone who has been to my house - I have a secret. The design/decor of my living room may seem original, and in general it was (especially since a lot of my furniture was inherited, not purchased). But, I did draw inspiration from another living room, no, full disclosure - by draw inspiration, I mean copied another living room.

It was just so beachy and airy and generally inviting - everything in that room I wanted - and well half consciously and half unconsciously I have pretty much made a dolperganer. So now is the time to come clean, well half clean. Here are some imagines from Bri Henderson  (DesignLoveFest)'s remodeled living room. I'll refrain from showing you my living room - for now.

Yes we have the same rug
I need more plants - I was just looking at a fig plant at PlantYYC

This navy fabric is so stunning!


Teak dining room table? Check. Max Wagner Tulum photo? Check.Seriously,  I'm just an imposter!

So essentially what I am saying is that if you would like to know how I am going to decorate the rest of my house? Just check out the Emily Henderson, the room's designer, and also my design, hilarious writer, life idol.  

Also - Christine - thanks for the content comment.
.

No comments:

Post a Comment